Saturday, September 10, 2011

And baby makes FIVE!!!

Introducing...
Laiken Breann
Born September 3rd, 2011 at 2:05pm
7lbs 4oz, 20" long


Laiken was such an EASY birth! I was scheduled for induction at 5am, ((we found out when we got there I really didn't need to be there until 7am...thanks Doc!)) we arrived right on time. I had Preston, my sister and my stepmom with me. Lucky dad and brother-in-law got to keep tabs on the other 4 grandkids!

Based on my last delivery, which was an induction as well, we thought for sure Laiken would arrive within a few hours. She however had other plans. I was started on pitocin, which seemed slow going. I believe it was around 9am that I had my water broke. Sometime after that I went ahead and asked for the epidural...I didn't want to lose my chance and miss out on getting it. The contractions were getting more intense but they weren't unbearable. The nurse kept commenting on how quiet and mellow I was through it all. She said I didn't show my pain at all. = )

 Then we waited...and waited...and waited!

FINALLY it was time...FOUR pushes and there she was! She kept us waiting but when the time came she put up no fight. Such an easy birth and absolutely a blessing!

Here are a few from our eventful day...
((I will be back to add the pictures, the computer isn't cooperating at the moment))



No comments:

Post a Comment